Monday, March 7, 2011

Rome, Italy

       After my flight from Prague to Rome with Marissa and Alexa, we met up with our AKPsi friend Ross at his apartment.  Ross is one of my good friends who I have known since freshmen year and I was roommates with him last semester at AU.  It was great to see him and then we all headed out to dinner near the Pantheon which was delicious.  The next morning Marissa, Alexa and I headed to the Colosseum area to explore for the afternoon before they had to go back to Nice.
         Going to Rome for me was not about the famous sights or the amazing food since I have been there before, but rather is was about the people I got to see and hang out with.  In addition to Ross, one of my best friends and former roommmate Greg is also studying abroad there.  Originally he was studying in Cairo, Egypt but is now in Rome for the semester after the whole government uprising and chaos there.  Those who know me pretty well either know or have heard of Greg since most of my crazy college stories involve him.
       I did the touristy things in Rome such as go to the Vatican, visit the Colosseum and the Roman forum and eat delicious pizza and gelato.  However I am not going to bother talking about that as Rome was about the people I got to see.  The highlights of the trip were definitely celebrating Ross's 22nd B-day and then going out with Greg the next night.  I haven't had the chance to hang out with any of my good guy friends since I left for Europe in January, so Rome was definitely a great time for me.  Any homesickness that I had for the past few weeks was basically eliminated as I felt just at home while in Rome as I was able to see and hang out with some of my best college friends.
-Rees
P.S.- Special thanks to Ross and his roommates who let me stay there for a few days.

View from the Plane (taken by Alexa).
Monument to Vittorio Emanuele II
Add caption
I really just dont look happy here...
Rome could definitely use a good clean.
Creepy dead Pope.
St. Peters Square- easily one of the most impressive places in the world.
Castel St. Angelo.

No comments:

Post a Comment