Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Chelsea FC, Brick Lane and Imperial War Museum.



            For the first time ever, Im about to have a short post.  Monday afternoon I went on a class trip with my Global Marketing class to Stamford Bridge, which is the home stadium of Chelsea Football club.  Class trips mean that I don’t have to sit through a three hour long lecture and I get to do something cool for free!  Our guided tour of the stadium was pretty cool and we got to see the lockerrooms, press room and all of the trophies that Chelsea FC have earned.   It was a pretty awesome class. 
Yep, we are important

Shiny

Shayna and I at the stadium.

            On Tuesday afternoon I had a class trip with my British Life and Culture class to Brick Lane.  Brick Lane is a street in the East End of London, which is the heart of where all the immigrants from India and Bangladesh live.   Our professor walked us around the neighborhood for about an hour before he took us all to an Indian restaurant.  Anyone who knows me, knows I don’t do spicy food such as Indian food, but I enjoyed the restaurant.  I ordered Chicken Tikka as my starter and Chicken Tandorri Masala as my main dish.  In addition I had a pint of Cobra beer (the Indian specialty) and garlic Nan bread.  Once again I did not have to sit through a three-hour lecture and I got a free restaurant visit paid by FIE.
            Today I had a third class trip of the week for my Economic Integration of the European Union class to the Imperial War Museum (Yes a third trip, my program is a joke).  I had to walk around the museum to different exhibits and fill in a bunch of information.  The museum is very good and had tons of cool things such as war planes, atomic bombs, submarines and tons of weapons.  The museum has a great exhibit on WWI and WWII.  When I was inside one of the bomber planes I was a typical klutz and hit my head on the ceiling (I always forget how tall I am).  It was a hard hit and I got dizzy, but I was the only person inside so I just sat down for a few minutes until my head wasn't spinning.  As a result I have a big bump on my head, which the hairdresser even noticed when I got a haircut on the way back to Metrogate.  Oops.
Imperial War Museum

            Tomorrow I am going to be waking up super early to get on a flight to Nice, France at 7am.  Shayna and I are going there to meet up with out other AKPsi friends Alexa, Marissa and Jesse.  It should be a good time and Ill update everyone on Sunday night.  

No comments:

Post a Comment