Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Internship Placement, Things Europeans Love

            Today I received my internship placement for the semester.  I am going to be a marketing and business development intern for a digital and internet marketing and software company here in London starting in a few weeks!  The name of the company is Webdadi, and I am happy with the internship because the company is involved with both marketing and ITEC, which are my two specializations.  For more info on the company check out their website, http://www.webdadi.com/


          Since I don't have much else to talk about, here are I few things that I noticed that Europeans love:
  1. The song "Barbara Streisand" by Duck Sauce- They literally play it EVERYWHERE in EVERY country. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu_zwdmz0hE
  2. The song "We no speak Americano" by Yolanda Be Cool- Same deal, they play it everywhere. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3S4dBk4E1g
  3. Pringles- I havent been to a store or a vending machine that doesn't sell Pringles.  London, Amsterdam, Madrid, Nice- all obsessed with Pringles.  You can go to a hole in the wall corner store where no one speaks a word of English in Madrid, but Pringles are still a huge seller. 
  4. Sitting outside- Europeans are always sitting and eating on the tables outside a restaurant instead of inside.  Even when it is pretty freezing in London, I can still find people sitting outside and drinking. 
  5. Long lunches and relaxing- Life is at a slower pace all over Europe.  It is common for the French to spend about 2-3 hours at lunch and for the Spanish to take a nap "a siesta" for a few hours in the middle of the day.  Restaurant do not rush customers out in Europe and many people decide to stay in a restaurant for hours at a time just talking and hanging out with friends.  
           I also forgot to update my country count for a while...as I stated before my goal for the semester is 10 countries and I am quickly getting close to my goal.

----Current Country Count---
  1. England
  2. Wales
  3. Belgium
  4. Netherlands
  5. France
  6. Monaco
  7. Scotland
  8. Spain

          Last week I booked my spring break which I am really excited for.  I will be flying to Prague, Czech Republic and meeting up with a bunch of my friends for three nights.  From there I am heading down to Rome, Italy for four nights where I will be staying with my old roommate Greg, which is sure to be crazy.  After Rome I go north to Copenhagen, Denmark where I will be staying with my AKPsi friend Seth.

         Thats all for now, I miss everyone back at home...Happy Valentines Day!
- Rees

PS- This blog officially has hot over 500 views (not including my own views)! Whoa, a lot of people must have no lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment