Saturday, February 19, 2011

Internship Interview and Houses of Parliament Tour.


           Thursday afternoon I got all dressed up in my suit and headed over to East Putney to talk to my internship supervisor about the job.  I am working for two companies at once, Datography (a digital marketing company) and Webdadi (a software and ITEC company).  Both companies work together, are owned by the same man and are in the same office building.  Im excited because I get to work on my two specializations (Marketing and ITEC) both at the same time.
            Everyone at the office was very nice and they all seemed excited to have an intern.  I will be working on a marketing project for both of the companies and will be given actual work to do as they are both small companies.  At least I am not sitting around and getting people coffee and tea all day.  Overall I am very happy with my placement and Im excited to start on March 9th.
            Friday morning I went on a tour of the Houses of Parliament in Westminster.  After going through airport like security I made my way into Westminster Hall, which has an original wooden ceiling that dates back to the 1300’s, quite impressive.  Photos were not allowed on the tour, except for in Westminster Hall (so I will steal some photos from the internet for the blog).  The tour guide brought us through some of the magnificent rooms I have ever been in including St. Stephens Hall, the central lobby and of course the House of Lords and House of Commons rooms.  Overall the Parliament building was one of the most ornately decorated and beautiful buildings I have ever been in.
            After the tour I walked around the area and stopped at Westminister Abbey across the street, the venue for the upcoming Royal Wedding.  The Abbey is the oldest (built in 1050) and most important church in England and is the site where coronations of the monarchy are held and is the final resting place of many famous people.  
            Today my day has been spent doing homework and finishing up final papers as my global marketing and EU class end this week.  Its pretty much the first time that I have ever done any work since coming to London, oh well.  Tomorrow I am going on a day trip to Stonehenge, Bath and Windsor castle….Ill update on Monday probably.  

Big Ben


Westminster Hall- Original wood ceiling from 1300's.

This and the next three I took off Wikipedia of the inside of Westminster.



House of Commons

Westminster Abbey


Side Entrance

1 comment:

  1. You have a very nice blog. You seem to travel a lot. I wish I had a life like yours. You've also taken some very beautiful photos of the Houses of Parliament. Regards from me and Heathrow hotels!

    ReplyDelete